A verification code is a unique code that gets generated for your account when you sign in to your Charm account.
Get Verification Code
You can receive the verification codes in any one of the following ways
- Receive the verification code to your mobile device via an SMS text message.
- Get the verification code in any of your Authenticator app
- Get the verification code from the Exostar device.
If you did not receive the Verification Code, then try to use the 'Resend' option to send the Verification Code. Depending on the mobile service provider, SMS text messages may take some time to reach your device.
Backup Verification Codes
Backup verification codes can be used when you have set up Multi-Factor Authentication on your account and do not have access to your phone. You can either print it, download it as text, or send the code to your email address. You must keep these codes safe. This will help you access your Charm account when you don't have your mobile device with you, or you have no internet on your mobile device.
Generating Backup Verification Codes
- Click on the Multi-Factor Authentication tab on your home screen, then click on the 'MFA Recovery' option.
- Click on the 'Generate New Codes' button to generate the back up codes.
- A set of backup codes will be listed, and you can click on the 'Download' button to save it locally.
- If required, you can copy the backup codes and keep them safe.
- These codes are one-time use only and can be used in place of a verification code when you sign in to your account.
Using Backup Verification Codes
- After entering your login credentials to sign in to your account, click on the 'Can't access your phone?' in the MFA verification page.
- If you have configured OneAuth as your MFA modes, click the 'Problem Signing in?' option to reach this step.
- Click on the 'Use Backup Verification code' option and enter the code you have.