Before you start working on your lab module, you need to configure the labs and the tests performed in your lab. Follow the steps given below to configure the lab tests.
- Go to 'Settings' page.
- Click on 'Lab / Image/ Rx' > 'Customize Labs' option.
- Click on '+ New Lab' option to add the new lab. For example, you can add labs like Hematology, Biochemistry, etc.
- Once the lab is added, you can customize the tests that you perform in your in-house lab.
- To add a new test to the lab, click on the 'More Options' (...) icon against the lab and choose 'Customize Tests' option.
- Click on '+ New Test' button to add the test to the lab. You can configure test codes while adding the tests. Once all the tests are added, click on 'Add' button.
- Further to customize the parameters within the test, click on 'More Options' (...) icon and select 'Customize Params' option, wherein you can edit existing parameter or add a new parameter
- Enter the Parameter Name, Unit, LOINC code and its Reference Range. The reference range can either be 'Numeric' or 'Custom'. 'Numeric' value takes a range as its input, while 'Custom' value can be a text.
- You can print the Client Account ID in your lab order by configuring the 'Account ID' using the 'Update Account Id' option. Once configured for each of the labs, the 'Client Id' will be printed in the lab requisition copy, while printing the lab order from 'Lab Orders' section
- You can delete the unwanted labs using the 'Delete' option.
You can customize the imaging tests by following the steps given below:
- Go to 'Settings' page.
- Click on 'Lab /Image /Rx > Customize Images' option
- You can add a new image type by clicking on the '+ New Image Type' button.
- To add a new test to the image type, click on the 'More Options' (...) icon against the Image Type and choose 'Customize Tests' option.
- You can add tests to each image category using the '+ New Test' option. Using the 'More Options' (...) icon, you can edit/delete tests already added to the system.
Prepare Vaccine Chart
- Go to 'Settings' page
- Click on 'Immunization > Vaccine Chart'
- Click on '+ New Vaccine Chart' to customize your vaccine chart
- The list of vaccines configured will appear on the left hand side. Click on the '+' button to add the vaccine. Fill in the details like schedule, dosage, etc. in the popup and click on 'Add'.
- The vaccine will get added to the vaccine chart.
Lab & Imaging Preferences
You can configure the following Lab & Imaging Preferences in ChARM that would apply on the lab orders/results.
- Selecting the Provider/Member to whom 'NPI unmatched lab results' to be shown
- Whether to show favorite tests option
- Scale Factor for PDF Font Size (printed in the lab requisition copy)
- Whether to display diagnoses information in lab requisition or not
- Whether to display diagnoses information in imaging requisition or not
- Selecting the default reviewer for the lab results
Follow the steps given below to configure the preferences
- Go to Setting > Lab/Image section and click on 'Preferences' option.
- Choose the respective options for all the preferences shown and click on 'Save'.