Core 4 : e-Prescribing
Measure Overview : Electronically send prescriptions to pharmacy.
Denominator : Number of prescriptions written for drugs requiring a prescription in order to be dispensed other than controlled substances during the EHR reporting period.
Numerator : Number of prescriptions in the denominator generated and transmitted electronically.
Stage 1 Goal : 40%
- Provider who writes fewer than 100 prescriptions during the EHR reporting period.
- Provider who does not have a pharmacy within their organization and there are no pharmacies that accept electronic prescriptions within 10 miles of the provider's practice location at the start of his/her EHR reporting period.
ChARM EHR Workflow :
Follow the steps below to enable eRx service.
- Go to Settings > Encounter > eRx section.
- Click on the Action icon next to the provider and Enable eRx.
- Follow the instructions provided in eRx Setup page.
Once eRx is enabled, follow the steps below to electronically send prescriptions to pharmacy.
- Open new encounter from 'Patient Dashboard' or 'Calendar > List View'.
- Choose the required Chart Type.
- Go to Recommendation > Rx section.
- Use 'Instant Add' or 'Choose from Templates' option and add drugs.
- Click on the 'eRx' link on top to electronically send prescription to the required pharmacy.
For more information, refer to the CMS guideline for this measure