Add New Patient
To add a new patient in the facility.
- You can add patients quickly from Home page (with minimum details), by clicking on the 'Add Patient' icon next to search bar
- Or you can click on the Patients icon and add a patient by clicking on the '+ Patient' button.
- Click on 'Demographics' and you can enter the details of the patient.
- You can also add Care Giver, Emergency Contact, Guarantor and Referring Provider details in the respective section
- Once the details are filled, click on 'Add' to add the patient to ChARM.
- Patients can also be added through Calendar while booking an appointment
Send Patient Portal Invitation
While adding a new patient, you can choose to send a patient portal invitation. Email address of the patient or patient representative is mandatory to send the invite.
- While adding the patient, in the 'PHR Registration' section, choose the required option.
You can search for the patients added to the system from the Home Dashboard or from the 'Patients' tab.
- Choose the '/' option (shortcut) to navigate to the search bar. Using the search options, you can choose to search patients by Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Phone, Email Address, etc.
- You can also bulk import patients by using the 'Import Patients' option.
- Create an Excel sheet with columns with Name; First Name, Last Name, Gender, Date Of Birth(mm/dd/yyyy), Email, Home Phone, Mobile Phone, Work Phone, AddressLine1, AddressLine2, City, Country, State, Zip Code, Caregiver First Name, Caregiver Last Name.
- Enter the data of the patients in the Excel sheet.
- Browse to the above file and click on 'Import'. All the patients in the Excel sheet will get imported into your ChARM account. Note: You can import only 500 patients at a time. If you wish to upload more patients, you can repeat the process with 500 patients in each batch.
Export Patient List
To export the the patient's list out of ChARM, follow the steps given below. Note that only members with 'Practice Admin' role can export the patient list.
- Click on 'More Options' (...) icon.
- Select an option from the drop-down box in the format you want to download. You can either download as CSV or HL7 CCD formats.
- Enter the patient number range you wish to export, in the 'From' and 'To' fields, and click on 'Export' to download.
Make Patients Inactive/Delete Patient
Patient record once created, cannot be deleted. If needed, the practice can deactivate the patient, so that those patients don't appear in the search results. Any any point you wish to reactivate the patient, you can do so. To deactivate the patient account, follow the steps given below.
- Click 'Patients' icon
- Select the patient you wish to deactivate.
- From the patient dashboard, click on the "More Options" (...) icon at the top and select 'Deactivate Patient' option.
- Click 'OK' in the confirmation dialog to deactivate the patient.